Tuesday, October 9, 2012

It's that time of year again... time to pack up boxes to be sent off for Operation Christmas Child.  Even though we're not religious, I like supporting this... because everyone deserves a treat at Christmas time!

Normally I'd like to do one each to match Big Brother and Little Sister's ages, and one each for an older boy and girl, but last year's never got sent due to living in quakeville so we had two sets ready for 2-4 year olds.

Here's what they look like all packed up
One is in a different box because we only managed to get three "official" boxes so added one of our own.

Here's an idea of what can go inside: 

The guidelines are:
Something to love
Something for school
Something to wear
Something to play with
Something for personal hygiene
Something special
There are also some things that aren't allowed:
Nothing that can leak or melt
No food
Nothing used / second hand
Nothing Breakable
Nothing Gambling related (including cards and dice)
Nothing "scary" or harmful (no toy guns, etc)
Nothing religious, political or racial





Some of the things in our boxes are: bouncy balls, crayons / coloured pencils, dolls and cuddly toys, slinkys, lead pencils and rubbers, colouring books, friendship bracelets, skipping ropes, pencil cases, combs, face flannels, and some other things I can't remember!  I really hope some little boys and girls like their gifts, and get lots of joy when they open them.
I think packing for an older kid could be much more challenging... I'll keep an eye out for things that might be good through the year.

In other news, a friend needed dinner delivered so I got to use my segmented trays (woohoo!) AND.... bliss, press and stick too!  (Yes, I know I'm a geek, but it's the little things that keep me happy).

No comments:

Post a Comment