Monday, June 6, 2011

I feel the earth move, under my feet

A couple of good shakes today - 5.5 and 4.5.  The first ones we've really paid much attention to for a while.  Little Sister didn't react much apart from "oh, shake!  Teddy jump on my bed."  Big Brother was reading beside me and slipped himself off the edge of the bed then popped back up and carried on once it was over.  I'm glad all over again that they are both so matter of fact about it... and proud of them for taking it in their stride.  BB is happy that he knows what to do and he knows what's happening, so doesn't worry about it too much, although it comes out in his play and conversation at times.  This generation of children are growing up with a much greater understanding of the power of mother earth.  I wonder if this will lead to more of them growing up to be geologists, rescue workers and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment